Monday, March 09, 2015

The Mod Kit

Do you find that every time you want to open up a nerf gun, you have to search around for all the necessary supplies? Here's a solution: make your own Mod Kit.

Difficulty: Easy
What you'll need: A shoebox to hold everything.
Suggested: A long, thin screwdriver. A magnet for retrieving screws from hard-to-reach places. A place to hold screws/internals (I use 3 small bowls). Electrical tape or plumber's tape (E-tape is better). Needlenose pliers for pulling things (like locks) out. Something with which to decorate your shoebox so that instead of looking like a shoebox, it looks like a nerf gun Mod Kit.

Screw organization, electrical tape, pliers,
screwdriver, "pole magnet".
The aforementioned "pole magnet" is actually a long, thin, metal pole glued inside the shell of a plastic pen, with a tiny magnet on the tip of the pole. It's long; it's thin; and it's comfortable.

In addition, I keep several different grains of sandpaper in my box, so I can sand for painting prep or to sand down certain pieces, like necessary locks.

I also like to keep all the locks and such that I remove in a jar. I don't know exactly why I do this; I guess I'm just afraid I might someday need to put them back. I pretty much keep everything I remove, because someday someone might want a stock nerf gun for posterity. I keep it all in my shoebox.
But that's just me.

Beyond that, I also keep a ziplock baggie of springs with which to replace/add plunger springs for a power boost.

Make sure to make it your own. Use what you like to use, and don't feel like you have to do anything the same as me. This is just an idea-sparker so you can build your own Mod Kit.

Happy modding!

        ,,,,..
[˘˘˘˘7ยบ''''''''''''''''''''



_________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE
_________________________________________________________________________________

I made a cool box in which to store my Mod Kit.

So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to see here? Ideas for improvement? Questions?
Please comment!