Monday, September 12, 2016

I got a new Nerf gun!

I've got some really exciting news to share! I just got my hands on my long-time favorite nerf gun ever! So now that I finally have one, I can give you a review of the... (drum-roll please)

N-Strike VULCAN!!!!!!!!!!

N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25


I know, it's really old. And I know, it's almost as bad as the notorious Deploy. (I shudder to even say that name.) But look at this thing! It's a monstrous piece of tacticool glory! I mean, can you get much better than a belt-fed, tripod-mounted machine gun designed to look like a freakin' TURRET?

Good: 
  • Sheer intimidation factor. If you run this at a nerf war, no one will ever so much as dream of approaching your base. Or you. Or if you're lucky, they'll just surrender. Hey, it could happen. 
  • Three tac rails. Count them- one, two, three. Great for putting on that old Recon light, or maybe a Longstrike flip-up sight. 
  • Fully automatic. Step 1: pull trigger. No step two.  
  • Single-action. If you don't have batteries, or just don't like to spray-and-pray, then you can use the priming bar to fire off a single shot
  • Bandolier loops. Yes, you finally have a legitimate application for your old orange and black  N-Strike bandolier.
  • Belt box. It comes with a removable box to feed your ammo belt more compactly.
  • Cosmetic possibilities.You could repaint this to look realistic, or you could chop it up into a tiny dual-wieldable HMG, or you could stick gears on it for a steampunk look,  or you could beef it up for a cosplay weapon. Your choice.
  • Belt box
  • Did I mention that it looks awesome?

  Bad: (In short, everything else.) 

  • Weight. Four feet of plastic ain't too easy to lift.  
  • Belt system.The belt, though it looks sweet, is extremely impractical to reload quickly unless you have several. And since they're proprietary, good luck getting more than one.  
  • Capacity. Twenty-five darts sounds like a lot until you're shooting them out at full auto. And like I said, that's all you'll have, period. 
  • Ranges. For N-Strike, it's not especially sub-par. But it doesn't stack up to modern Nerf guns. 
  • Tripod. It's not a simple tac rail attachment- no, that would be too intuitive. It ONLY fits on the Vulcan and its spiritual successor, the Rhinofire. (Which for the price is also crap. Beautiful, beastly crap.) 
  • Jams. The biggest issue with the Vulcan is that it jams like nobody's business. I usually jam about three times per reload. 3:25 is a REALLY bad ratio for that.
Basically, the Vulcan EBF-25 is no longer at all practical. But who cares? It's tacticool as all get out! Who wouldn't want to throw foam with a heavy machine gun?
I even drool over the picture, and I own this thing.




        ,,,,..
[˘˘˘7ยบ''''''''''''''''''''

4 comments:

  1. It's to bad the Vulcan has been outclassed by new full autos looks that rhino fire, rapid strike, hyperfire. As the shell is so cool. Have you tried modding yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had time to modify my Vulcan yet, but an internal upgrade/repaint is in the line-up for the future.

      Delete
  2. if you get 2 chains there is a way to put them together

    ReplyDelete
  3. also i like the Vulcan EBF-25 WAY better then the rinofire

    ReplyDelete

Anything you want to see here? Ideas for improvement? Questions?
Please comment!