Thursday, April 09, 2015

Painted Doublestrike

I like Black. Don't ask me why; I have no clue. I just know that I like Black.

Conveniently, Black happens to go very well with Nerf orange. One need only look to the Gear-Up series to prove this. Sadly, Gear-Up was discontinued, and most guns don't have an orange-and-black paint job. Let's fix that, shall we?
Pardon the fuzzy.

In my opinion, the Doublestrike never looked so good. And the nice thing is that it was very easy to paint, since all of the little pieces were orange. All I had to do was paint the shell.

Here's what I did:
1. Sand
I took the gun apart, then gave each half of the shell a good sanding prep. Drac has a good explanation of how to do this in most of his mod videos.

2. Spray Paint
I gave it several coats of gloss black spray paint. 'Nuff said.


3. Hand Paint
I gave it a cool detail job with a thin paintbrush and a few acrylic paints.
The "cloth wrap" handle



























The orange parts
were all left orange.












4. Clear Enamel Coat
After the paint had plenty of time to dry, I took the shell back outside and gave it one or two coats of clear spray enamel. Let that dry, screw it together, and…

5. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to see here? Ideas for improvement? Questions?
Please comment!